Grove of Hidden Roots - May, 2022
Updated: Apr 26, 2022
Join Andreas Kornevall for an immersive online journey into the rituals, runes, folklore, sagas and initiations of Norse mythology.
This livestream eight-week course is for those with an interest in witchcraft, runes, alchemy, symbolism, Norse culture and Paganism.
Tune in with Andreas for a fascinating journey through the following topics:
- Seidr (Norse Shamanism): An inner journey through the sacred tree, Yggdrasil
- Magical talismans of the ancient world - what can we learn from them, how can we read them?
- An introduction to the thousand-year history of the runes
- Storytelling and techniques: stalking the mead of poetry, northern myth cycles
- The runic mysteries and the sacred numbers of Mithras
- Different rune scripts and rune rows across the ages
- Finding the Northern lost star constellations
- Working and reading with the runic scripts, what is an oracular language? How do we access it?
- Runes: how to send, how to pray, how to bless
- Ceremonies: The Blot Ritual and how to live a ceremonial life and the role of the Oracle in the Viking Society
Much of the material presented in this course has never been translated into English.
Please be aware that there will be no class on Thursday 2nd June 2022.
This course is open to all.
We will not be recording these classes.
One of the unique aspects of the College's online courses is that they are highly interactive. Participants are encouraged to discuss and share with the tutor and the group. These sharings can be very personal, and some may not feel comfortable with them being recorded. If you need to miss any sessions, your tutor will be happy to offer a brief outline of the material covered.
Previous participants say:
"Andreas has a gift for storytelling, and for teasing deeper meanings out of things you thought you were already familiar with. His breadth and depth of this subject made for mesmerising evenings."
"There are teachers and there are practitioners. Andreas is both. Thanks to his competent and generous approach, this class was just what I was looking for, and more."
"Andreas gracefully and mysteriously wove a web of diverse threads into the magical tapestries of Norse cosmology, mythology and magic, revealing a new world of imagination for both spirit and soul. This was my first experience with Zoom in the context of a multi-week class like this, and I was surprised at how little this affected the quality of intimacy - as I experienced it - with the group. I feel fortunate to have found this class when I did and look forward to joining the intermediate course, gods willing, when the time comes."
"Andreas Kornevall offers a powerful immersive experience of travelling into Norse mythology and Runic divination, food for both soul and intellect. Understanding Runic script as mythic symbols opens a door into the archetypes that inform all human existence, and Andreas' deep knowledge and love for his subject is truly inspirational." - Professor Angela Voss, Christ Church University
More information and links here